Unsettled

Wednesday, March 30, 2011
I know I usually keep it pretty light and most of my posts are full of pictures, but today I just wanted to write. Honestly, when the blogs I read have a bunch of text and little pictures I tend to skim right over that post to the next one. So, I don't blame you if you've gotten used to the bright vivid pictures full of people and things and have grown tired of the black and white of the text. I feel the same way most days.

Here's the deal: I've been feeling extremely unsettled lately. Our life is just so in limbo right now that I just have to take a deep breath each morning, put my feet on the ground, and convince myself that I can make it just through today.

I try and read "Jesus Calling" everyday, but I've skipped the past week or so. This morning I decided would be a good day to grab it and get some quick words of truth because I was CRAVING some truth.

It was no coincidence that today says...

"I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart...

Before you arise from your bed in the morning, I have already arranged the events of your day. Every day provides many opportunities for you to learn My ways and grow closer to Me. Signs of My prescence brighten even the dullest day when you have eyes that really see. Search for Me as for hidden treasure. I will be found by you."


It was exactly what I needed to hear today.

Confession: Over the past year or so I feel as though I've been doing it all on my own. It makes a person tired and weary. I often times get in such a hurry and keep myself so busy that I rarely stop and listen. I rarely have "eyes that really see" because I'm too focused on what's next on our agenda: wake up, shower, feed laney, pack our lunches, get out the door, get to work (always at least 15 minutes late), feed laney breakfast, drop her off at school, work, pump, work, lunch, work, pump, pick up laney, snack time, drive home, start dinner, feed laney, bath time, nurse laney, bedtime, pump, go to sleep. Then it starts over again the next day.

I recently saw someone post something on facebook that said something to the effect of be thankful for the normal days. I am SO thankful for the normal days, and I'm definitely not complaining that my days are filled from start to finish, but what I am saying is that in the business and monotony of each day I'm finding it hard to find Him, to trust Him.

I know this is getting lengthy, and because of what I said at the beginning about getting tired of all the text, I'll wrap it up.

I guess I type all this out to just remind myself to stop and slow down. I am such a busy body, but I need to remember that it's ok to rest and trust and listen.

4 comments to Unsettled:

erintumlin.blogspot.com said...

Loved this post. And, in conjunction with all the bright vivid pics on blogs of picture perfect worlds, its nice to read some text that reminds you that other people have a hard time trusting too, or also feel unsettled. Thanks for sharing your heart. You are not alone.

sfain said...

:) :) :)

Emily said...

ditto to both of the above. love you and thanks for being so open with your writing!

Anonymous said...

LOVED this post Lele! A friend just bought me Jesus Calling and I have really loved it. Its such a great book. I'm really trying hard to get up each morning and do my quiet times cause it really helps my entire day, my patience with the girls, Jonathan, everything and reminds me of what's important. Our pastors wife said her daughter told her she always remembers seeing her mom at the kitchen table drinking coffee and doing her quiet times and how important it was for her.

I have learned with two, if the house doesn't get cleaned today its still there tomorrow. The only thing that isn't is the time I've missed with the girls and Jonathan :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...