new shoes.

Friday, July 29, 2011
IMG_4422.jpg

Laney is walking, and has been since a couple days after her first birthday. She's really good at it and really fast (poor mommy :)). Since she started she pretty much hasn't stopped. If you drive down our street around 5pm each night we're out there walking up and down and up and down the street. I think she would walk miles and miles if we let her. She definitely inherited her father's energy.

IMG_4425.jpg

Since she's walking I thought it was time for her to get some shoes (contrary to the "Montgomery way"). Side note-- I'm not sure if you're all aware of this, but Montgomery kids don't wear shoes. I honestly don't think I wore shoes until I was in the 8th grade. Even in December--bare feet. If my mom had it her way, Laney wouldn't own a pair of shoes until she turned 13. Ok, let's get back on track now. I bought her some shoes. She loves them. I think she has a shoe fetish, however it has taken her a while to learn to walk in them. She's getting better, but they slow her down (fine by me!).

IMG_4424.jpg

I'm sure it won't take long before she learns to run in them. She's only had a few face plants into the cement. Some tears and a bloody lip later, she jumps right back up and keeps on-- a resilient little lamb, she is.

IMG_4423.jpg

So, happy new shoes, Laney! Please slow down! love--mommy

0 comments to new shoes.:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...