30, brady & the park

Thursday, May 5, 2011
laney-10mo

First things first...I turned 30 yesterday! Eek!! My wonderful husband and friends threw me a surprise party Tuesday night. It was wonderful! We had a cookout in Josh & Emily's backyard. I'm sure she'll post some pics on her blog soon!

Since yesterday was the actual day of my birth, I took the afternoon off work and hung out with Eric. We went to Cantina Laredo for lunch and spent the afternoon just hanging out. It was really fun. I didn’t have my camera with me so here are a few pics from my phone.

Picnik collage

Ok, now onto other things. Last weekend was the “Country Music Marathon and ½ Marathon” and my good friend Brady came up, like she does every year, to run it. PS- She just had twins in September!! Can you even believe it?!? She’s a fit little momma!

IMG_2089

Brady has been one of my best friends since college. We met our freshman year at Auburn. She is hilarious! There’s probably no one on the planet that can make me laugh harder. She’s a constant encouragement in my life. Whenever she calls, before we hang up she always asks me how she can be praying for me. I need people like her in my life.

I remember the day she called to tell me she was pregnant with her twins. Her oldest boy, Sanders, wasn’t even a year old yet. I was pregnant with Laney, therefore probably a little extra hormonal, and when she told me the news I died out laughing and sobbing crying at the same time!! It was weird mix of emotions. I knew how hard it would be to have 3 kids under the age of two, but I also knew that if anyone could handle it she could! She’s doing such a great job with those boys and is also in the running for being Laney’s future MIL. :)

Eli

Last weekend we also met up with our friends at the park. Eli was quite the funny kid. Ryan said lately he answer’s every question with “what”? So I decided I needed to ask him a lot of questions, and every time his response was, “what?” For instance…”Hey Eli, how’s that chicken?” Eli: “what?” Me: “what’s the matter? You can’t hear me?” Eli: “what?” Me: “Does your mommy need to take you to the dr to get your ears checked?” Eli: “what?”

IMG_2150

eli- 2

I also got to see this little chunky monkey! Look how cute baby Olive is!! Ryan thinks she might weigh more than Laney. :)

IMG_2168

Alright, time to wrap it up. Happy Thursday!

1 comments to 30, brady & the park:

Sugar Belles said...

so..you said you had a surprise party..but you did not say whether or not you were surprised!! Also, Campbell does that "what" thing and she says it in a funny voice! looks like fun times! Hope you had a fun bday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...